York Regional Emergency Medical Services Inc.
Billing Assistance By Phone
Billing Assistance by Telephone is Available Monday-Friday (8AM-5PM):
Submit Insurance Information
We Accept: Medicare, Medicaid, Supplemental Insurance, Auto Insurance,
Private Insurance and Worker's Compensation Insurance.
Please Click Here To Securely Submit Your Insurance Information.
Pay My Bill or Set-Up A Payment Plan
To Pay Your Bill for Ambulance Service On-Line or Set-Up A Payment Plan:
(Encrypted For Your Security)
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have an ambulance service subscription (membership). Why am I getting a bill?
- I have insurance, dont they cover this?
- I do not have any insurance. What are my payment options?
- I cannot afford this bill. I am on a fixed income. Will you consider forgiving or reducing this bill?
- I received a check from the insurance company made out to me/spouse. How do I use this to pay for my bill?
- I received a check from the insurance company, but it only covers a portion of my invoice. Will you accept this as payment in full?
- I have an ambulance subscription (membership), and I received a check from the insurance company made out to me/spouse. Do I have to pay this to you?
- I want to provide my insurance information. How do I do that?
- What is the difference between a BLS and ALS emergency transport?
- Why do you need my signature when I have Medicare?
- My insurance only paid a portion of my bill, but I also have insurance with another company. Can you bill them?
- My father/mother is elderly and they do not understand their bills. Can you send their bills to me? Would I then be responsible for paying anything?
Notice of Privacy Practices
An individual has a right to know what we do with their Protected Health Information (PHI) in the course of billing their claim, and that we follow the safeguards implemented by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) passed by a 1996 act of Congress.
What is PHI?
Protected Health Information (PHI) includes information about a patient such as name, address, date of birth, telephone number, health insurance identification number, and any other identifier unique to the patient.
How an ambulance service uses PHI:
- Treatment: In the course of treatment our clients collect personal and health information to ensure the best care for their patients. This is shared with other health professionals such as physicians and hospitals to whom our clients transfer your care and treatment.
- Payment: At times, it is necessary to use PHI to support claims submitted to insurance companies for payment.
- Other: PHI may be used for internal quality assurance activities and training.
We will share your PHI only with authorized employees, representatives, and third parties, such as insurance companies and other appropriate health care agencies. We will not disclose any non-public personal information about you except as authorized by law, as described in this privacy statement, or as otherwise communicated to you.
We are authorized to use PHI without your consent, authorization, or written permission in the following situations: emergencies, national defense and security, litigation, public health situations, and government oversight activities.
Disclosure of PHI for purposes other than those permitted by law will only be made with your written authorization. Also, you may revoke your authorization in writing at any time. If you choose to revoke your authorization, such action will not affect disclosures prior to the effective date of the withdrawal.
As a patient, you have the following rights regarding protection of your PHI:
- The right to inspect your PHI.
- The right to amend your PHI.
- The right to request a list of all requests for disclosure of your PHI for purposes other than treatment, payment, and internal use as noted under Other."
- The right to restrict disclosure of medical information to other health care providers and family.
- The right to make a complaint with Ambulance Billing Office if you feel your PHI has been compromised.
- The right to file a complaint with the Federal Department of Health and Human Services if you believe your rights have been violated.
We respect and share your concern for privacy, we will not provide your PHI to anyone outside of our company or our billing contractor, except as described above.
If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact us at (717) 246-3679.